WordPress is no more limited to be a simple blog platform. In fact it works as a powerful CMS or content management system, which allows the users to create fully functional websites. Around 22% of the popular websites in this globe are made in WordPress. In case you are still not convinced, then here come some reasons why WordPress is considered as the CMS of choice.
• WordPress is highly SEO friendly: SEO is the abbreviation of Search Engine Optimization. For the sites, being SEO friendly means it is easy for the popular search engines to find out a site and to understand the details. As a result, the site will be recommended more while someone will look for a topic, available on the site. WordPress is really SEO friendly on its own. Besides, there are a few tools that can be added to this CMS and those will make a site more search engine friendly.
• WordPress is quite easy to use: One of the major reasons why people prefer WordPress to create their personal or official website is that this CMS system is really simpler than any other CMS systems available. Often it becomes tough for other CMS users to make changes in their sites by themselves and therefore they need to call the designers even for the simple edits. But with WordPress, the process becomes easier and the site owner can easily make changes in the sites without any prior experience.
• WordPress comes with an in-built network of support: As WordPress is a open source CMS, therefore, there are millions of people out there, who create new WordPress themes, updates, tutorials and plug-ins to make user experience even better. This thing ensures that the support will not disappear ever and the site owners will always get someone to help them.
• WordPress allows the users to integrate blogs on their sites: Though WordPress was actually built as a blogging platform, but in the recent years, this has included the feature to add regular pages like as websites. This means, WordPress is ideally made to add a great blog to your site. Often people neglect the reasons for adding blogs to their sites or don’t understand why it is important, but it is actually possible to generate traffic by converting the blog as the place of announcing “Events and News” of a company. It means, by adding a blog to the site, a company can share videos or photos of volunteers, details about upcoming fundraisers, links to related articles or newsletters.
• WordPress can be customized easily: There are literally thousands of themes available that can be applied to a WordPress site to make your site look like as you want. Many of these themes are free. Therefore, it is really easy for a skilled web designer to customize the site beyond the theme to get the look that you are looking for. This also saves time as the designer doesn’t need to invest time to custom code themselves.
These are just a few features of WordPress, there are many others and all these features together can make your site best in the lot.